I actually love this recipe! And like most chap stick, it lasts for ages. I probably only need to make it once or twice a year. Or make a double batch to last the whole year. See how easy it is for yourself!
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (buy it here organic and in glass)
- 1 Tbsp beeswax pellets (here are is the exact product I bought from Amazon– and it’s in
- 1 Tbsp almond oil or sunflower oil
- 3-4 drops essential oil or vanilla extract
This is recipe is for a single 1oz portion. I store it in a little 1oz metal tin I bought on Amazon. It can be easily doubled, triple, etc. The basic recipe ratio is 1:1:1! Plus they make great gifts.
- 1 oz aluminum tins
1. Put coconut oil, beeswax, and oil in a glass or microwave safe dish. Microwave in 20 seconds intervals until all melted. Mix with a spoon or chopstick.
2. Add flavor (extract) and/or fragrance (essential oil). Stir.
I made one with vanilla and one with rosemary mint. The mint flavor is lovely all time of the year.
3. Pour melted mixture into container. Let cool for 30 seconds and then stir with chopstick (to make sure the heavy ingredients don’t settle).
4. Let cool and enjoy!
I just dip my finger in and rub a little on my lips throughout the day. The warmth of your hand will melt the balm so you can apply it. I just rub my greasy finger on the back of my hand when I’m finished putting in on my lips. I suppose you could use this as a hand cream if you wanted! It’d be great for especially dried or cracked skin.
This is such a great recipe! I’m a lip balm addict. Especially now in the winter months. Do you make your own lip balm or chap stick? (Or as my dad so eloquently puts it “lip shits.”) Do you have a favorite flavor? Let me know in the comments and maybe I’ll try it the next time I make it!